Everyone is always talking about routines, especially at the beginning of a new season or year. Part of my routine when I wake up (after grabbing a cup of coffee and lazily scrolling through InstaGram) is to catch up on the daily news in multiple forms, not just fashion. Here's a peak at what I read!
- I start my morning with Washington Post's Morning Mix; it's a collection of the top news stories from around the country and world. You can read it online, but I love that it goes straight to my inbox in an easy to read format.
- While I'm in my inbox I read the Daily Skimm, which is also available online but like I said #easyaccess. It's a humorously written account of the biggest news in the world. Do yourself a solid and sign up now here!
- Next up, Refinery29.com is entered into the browser. I honestly really really wish they would put their "8 things to Know" into an email blast form (they just launched it as an app but TBH I think it's a waste of iPhone storage) but once I get on the site it makes me click into other stories and fun reads that are less news-y.
- After all the celeb gossip and lifestyle tips I head to ApartmentTherapy for some décor inspiration. I love being inspired by other people's homes and the before and afters always give me such home for my own home!
- Lastly, I check out PopVille, which is a must for any DCer. It has news about road closures, traffic, safety, and events... My favorite is checking between 3:30 and 4:00pm for the Afternoon Animal Fix!
I try to get all my reading done before I start work for the day, but if it's a slow day I'll recheck these or check out a few others.
Do you have any daily readings in your life? What do you suggest I add to my list!?